Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge has such a sense of nostalgia. As a kid, I would often get a square of fudge at the county fair or on trips to the beach. Whether it was served in a little box or wax bag, the fudge would always come with a plastic knife to cut off one small slice, then another, then another. It was always gone way too quickly! It’s hard to restrain yourself as a kid.
But guess what? As an adult, it’s still hard to practice self-control around fudge! This 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge is that irresistible combo of sweet and salty and that perfect toothsome texture that keeps you coming back for more.
Since having to ditch dairy products, I thought my days of enjoying traditional fudge were over. Most recipes call for sweetened condensed milk, which is difficult to replicate with non-dairy ingredients…until now! I spotted this sweetened condensed coconut milk at the grocery store and nearly jumped with joy! I didn’t even know what I would do with it at first, I just knew I needed it.
I had my first excuse to use it during Christmas time when I whipped up a batch of dairy-free fudge with peppermint extract. Matt and I devoured the whole batch (over a period of several weeks, mind you). It was a sad moment indeed when we ate the last two pieces. But then Matt’s birthday came around and when I asked if he wanted cake, he requested fudge again.
This dairy-free fudge is swirled with creamy peanut butter, but could just as easily be made with different nut butter if you prefer. I recommend getting a good quality dark chocolate to make this since the sweetened condensed coconut milk adds a fair amount of sweetness.
Preparation of Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Swirl Fudge Dairy-free, paleo(ish), vegan
- Combine the chocolate and sweetened condensed coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Set over medium heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and let cool, stirring occasionally, until barely warm, about 10 minutes.
- Line an 8×8-inch square dish with wax paper or parchment paper (recommended for easy removal) or simply grease the dish.
- Once the mixture has cooled, either stir vigorously with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes OR transfer mixture to a stand mixture and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared dish and spread it to the edges. A small offset spatula is best for this!
- Put the peanut butter in a glass measuring cup or bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it more pourable. Pour the peanut butter in stripes across the top of the fudge. Use a knife to drag through the peanut butter swipes to create pretty swirls.
- Refrigerate uncovered until cooled and solid. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Get your sweetened condensed coconut milk HERE.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.